Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Im too old to go over the handle bars of my bike

So this morning I was riding back from town and I had a stiff neck so I was cruising sitting up without holding onto the handlebars. I discovered that that is a fine plan as long as your right foot does not slip off the pedal. Once my foot struck ground my handlebars were already cocked sideways before my hands could get to them. The begininnig of the next scene was like something from Cirque de soleil. Following a very quick blow to the gut from I forget what, I stuck my landing with precision on my right elbow with feet in the air so as to keep the forehead from hitting first. I then rolled onto my bike wich is odd because I had just left the bike. Struggling to figure out what hurt the most I calmly gathered the four pieces of my phone while laying on my back in the road. I do know that no one saw me because if they had I would have heard sirens. I quickly walked along dragging my bike to my open garage and shut the garage. Luckily I am fine except for the bruises and scrapes. My neck still is stiff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch!!!

Amy Pope said...

Makes us humble!
I have a similar story only it involves my roommate. Today on our bike ride I couldn't slow down fast enough or reach my brakes! My swerving still ended up knocking my roommate from her bike and making a nice scrape on her right elbow I found her on the ground and me upright. I felt so bad. Then I played nurse and cleaned her wound when we got home. the end =)